Note: The Icon HDP employs the same DAC as our high-end CDP-8 (MSRP $1,450.00) and a preamp similar to that of the P-8S (MSRP $1,650.00).
The following design features contributed to the stellar performance of the Icon HDP:
- The digital input has no capacitors in its signal path. The analog input utilizes a single DC-decoupling capacitor.
- Components along the signal path are minimized.
- The 24/96 USB interface outputs a I2S signal to a high-quality DAC.
- The digital circuit occupies a separate daughter board.
- The DAC chip consists of four internal 24/192kHz DACs that provide a fully differential and balanced output. The differential signal's DC offset operates without a need for decoupling caps.
- Digital and analog voltages each have separately isolated internal power regulations.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compliant and 1.1 supported, 8-96kHz/16-24-bit (88.2kHz is not supported)
- S/PDIF input: Coaxial up to 192kHz/24-bit or Optical up to 192kHz/24-bit
- Analog input: 3.5mm or RCA input
- Audiophile-grade DA converter
- Low-distortion, high-current headphone amplifier
- High quality analog volume control
Subwoofer connection - a RCA male to two RCA female AudioQuest adapter can be used to provide extra connection to subwoofer.