A fast and easy connection.
Using the Icon iDo is simple. Users can connect any Apple mobile device to the Icon iDo with the Apple® approved and included 30-pin sync/charging cable, attach the power supply, and then plug the Icon iDo into a home stereo system using RCA cables or a single coaxial. Users can also plug in headphones directly into the Icon iDo for personal high quality sound playback in a manner the artist intended it to be heard.
How iDo makes music stored on Apple devices sound even better?
Apple uses its own audio codec, Apple Lossless Encoder (ALE), to compress and store music files on its devices in original CD quality without loss. However, even ALE files only sound as good as the default DAC (digital-to-analog converter) found within the mobile digital device. Icon iDo bypasses the built-in DAC and extracts the audio data stored on the device in its original digital form in USB Host Mode. It then converts the high-quality files for bit-perfect and low-jitter music playback.
A portable power station for the ultimate headphone listening experience.
Icon iDo also offers a built-in headphone amplifier capable of powering power-hungry headsets, giving users a total audio experience. By properly powering headphones, Icon iDo enhances the auditory performance of the headphones because optimal amperage is being delivered to them, allowing for greater audio clarity.
*The maximum sample rate currently supported by Apple is 16-bit/44.1kHz or 24-bit/48kHz.
**Icon iDo is designed to work with Apple iTune and iPod software. Other applications may not work (but we have not found any application that is incompatible with iDo).
A high-end interface for true audiophile performance and mobile convenience.
The Icon iDo offers the dedicated audiophile the convenience of Apple mobile device music storage and playback, and when using Apple Lossless Encoding (ALE) of music files, true "bit-perfect" digital sound through their home stereo system. The iDo even receives and resends Apple Remote Control* commands directly on to the connected Apple mobile device through the interconnecting cable. This makes for convenient "across the room control" of your entire music library.
Finally, for achieving the ultimate in high-end performance and flexibility, the Icon iDo also provides a coaxial S/PDIF digital (pass-through) output for sending the audio data on to an external DAC of your choice. When this option is chosen, the user can select from among the very best external DACs** available and experience a level of performance that simply must be heard to be believed.
*Apple Remote Control not included.
** May we suggest the NuForce DAC-80, DAC-100 or DAC-9
- Bit-perfect, low jitter USB Host Mode operation
- Digitally controlled analog volume control provides precise control, accurate channel tracking and superior resolution.
- 3.5mm headphone output jack
- 24-bit DAC
- No sample rate conversion
- iPod touch (5th generation with Lightning connector)
- iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation)
- iPod classic (6th generation, from 2009)
- iPod nano (6th generation)
- iPhone 5 (with Lightning connector)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPad (3rd generation, known as "new iPad")
- iPad 2
- iPad mini
* Only iOS3 and later versions are supported.
* iOS4.5 - when connecting to iDo, the Apple Mobile Device volume is fixed at maximum and not allowed to be changed on the device.
* iOS 5 - when connecting to iDo, theApple Mobile Device volume is set to about 30%, but can be changed on the device.